On Thursday, 18th March from 6-8pm, Watermans Legal will be hosting an Online Seminar about the Cladding Crisis in Scotland and we would like to invite you along.
The online event will take place virtually over Zoom, starting at 6pm and we will be joined by our panel of industry experts who will cover a wide range of topics associated with the Cladding Crisis in Scotland, such as:
- EWS1 Forms
- Home Report Surveys and the updated RICS Guidance for Surveyors with buildings that may require an EWS1 Form
- Selling a Property that has cladding or requires an EWS1 Form
- Buying a Property that has cladding or requires an EWS1 Form
- Re-Mortgaging a property that has cladding or requires an EWS1 Form
Things we will be covering at this event:
- What is “Cladding” and how do I know if the property I own is affected by cladding?
- What is an EWS1 form and how do I get one?
- Can I sell my property if the building has cladding? What do I need to do to sell?
- I’m interested to buy a property in Scotland, but the Home Report Survey says that there’s cladding or recommends that an EWS1 form is required – is it okay or safe for me to buy a property with cladding?
- I need to re-mortgage my property – either because my current mortgage is about to expire or because I want to release equity – what are my options if my building has cladding or needs an EWS1 Form?
Cladding Event Speakers:
Shawn Wood – Solicitor at Watermans Legal
Shawn will talk through the purchase side of the process, acting for buyers who are interested in a property that has cladding or has had it noted in the HR about requiring an EWS1 form.
Tzana Webster – Head of Property Sales at Watermans Legal
Tzana will be speaking about the sale side of the process, acting for property owners who have a property that they need or want to sell which has cladding or external additions which are noted on the HR as requiring an EWS1 form.
Mike Horne – Partner at J&E Shepherd Chartered Surveyors and Residential Surveyor
Mike will discuss Home Report Surveys and the RICS guidance and information (there will soon be some changes brought in place in the next few days) relating to Home Report Surveys and Valuation Reports for lenders which note EWS1 requirements because of cladding or external additions. He’ll talk about when they first started to put £nil value on HR surveys & valuation reports & why they categorise the notes on main walls, external additions and matters for a conveyancing solicitor on the HR survey.
Paul Nelis – MiFireE MIFPO of Fire Risk Assessment (Scotland) Ltd
Paul is a qualified provider of EWS1 forms. He’ll talk us through his services and what he can do. Paul is only qualified for EWS1 forms and getting lending on A rating properties. He’ll likely touch-base on the B-rating properties and give information on this for his services.
Mark Wallace – Director of M&W Mortgages
Mark will speak about acting for buyers wanting to purchase a property that requires an EWS1 form & giving information on what he needs from buyers who want to purchase these types of properties & also about re-mortgage options for current owners of properties which require EWS1 forms.
To reserve your space at the Watermans Legal Virtual Cladding Crisis Seminar, complete the registration form below and we will send you the Zoom link.
If you answer YES to any of these questions below – Watermans Legal are here to help!
- What exactly is cladding and how do I know if the property I own is affected by it?
- Can I sell my property if the building has cladding?
- I am looking to Buy a Property: Is it okay for me to buy a property which has cladding or a property that needs an EWS1 form?
- What is an EWS1 Form & how do I get one?
- I need to re-mortgage my property, but the building has cladding – what do I do?
Click here to find out more about Cladding & EWS1 Forms.
Have more questions?
Get in touch with the Watermans Legal Team: 0131 467 5566 | [email protected]nslegal.co.uk