We Have Extensive Experience Acting for Landlords and Tenants in Commercial Property Transactions Throughout Edinburgh and beyond.
We Make it Our Business to Understand Your Business and Help Our Clients to Buy, Sell, Lease, and Grow for over 30 years.
Commercial Property Sale & Purchase
We can act for you if you are buying or selling a commercial property either as an investor or as part of your normal business activities. We have acted for sellers and purchasers in all variety of commercial transactions throughout Scotland including those where the sale and purchase are connected with the transfer of a business. Our work in this area covers all commercial sectors including licensed premises.
For your Commercial Sale we can:
- Assist with the marketing of your commercial property
- Complete all the conveyancing work including dealing with missives and transferring Title from your name to the purchaser.
- We can deal with the transfer of your business to the purchaser
For your Commercial Purchase we can:
- Put in an Offer for a commercial property on your behalf. We do not charge for unsuccessful offers.
- Carry out all due diligence in respect of the building (and the business if applicable)
- Complete conveyancing works for you
- Complete LBTT Tax Return on your behalf.
Commercial Property Leasing
We have extensive experience acting for both landlords and tenants in commercial property leases. This includes transactions involving the assignation of a lease from one party to another. We look to take a common sense approach to this work, ensuring that the lease is properly tailored to the needs of our client in each case whilst ensuring you have the protections you need.
We deal with multiple types of Leases on a regular basis, including:
- Tattoo Parlours
- Industrial Units.
We can advise on all aspects of commercial leasing including drafting a new Lease, dealing with an Assignation of Lease, Sub-Leasing and Renunciation of Lease We can act for Landlords or Tenants. When taking out a Lease on a commercial property it is important to seek independent legal advice as Leases can often be complex.
For your Commercial Property Leasing we can :
- Negotiating terms to suit your needs such as rental figure, term of the lease, potential of a break clause etc
- Dealing with the contract (missives)
- Sending you a detailed report on the lease terms using everyday language
- Checking Title Deeds
- Completing due diligence to protect your position (this will include seeking various reports such as Asbestos Report, Energy Performance Certificate, Property Enquiry Certificate etc)
- Completing your LBTT Return to Revenue Scotland (Land & Buildings Transaction Tax)
- Advising on Rent Deposit Agreement
- Advising on Guarantee
- Assisting with Licence
Residential Property Letting
We can assist landlords seeking to acquire and rent out residential properties. This can include the initial estate agency, sale and purchase process through to managing tenancies on an on-going basis. This can include HMOs and dealing with the local authority in respect of landlord registration matters.
We can also advise on ADS (Additional Dwelling Supplement Tax) and deal with the sale process which includes dealing the Estate Agency and conveyancing all under one roof.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Watermans Legal support businesses of all shapes and sizes, providing legal advice to offer the protection your business needs, whilst allowing you to get on with the day to day running of your business activities. Services include Commercial Property Sale & Purchase, Commercial Property Leasing and Residential Property Letting.