Commercial Property Purchase
We've been advising our clients to buy, sell, lease in Edinburgh for over 30 years.
Buying Commercial Property
At Watermans Legal, our experienced team of property experts will ensure you receive the most practical advice when it comes to buying a commercial property.
We are regularly instructed by our clients to act in the purchase of commercial property including the purchase of office units, restaurants, pubs, retail units, and other development opportunities.
It is important to seek legal advice at the earliest opportunity and Watermans Legal will be able to assist you in the following areas:
- Comparing prices with similar properties in order to advise on what level of an offer to submit
- Negotiating terms and preparing a written offer
- Advising on Land & Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT)
- Engaging third parties such as instructing surveyors, dealing with lenders & instructing condition reports if necessary
- All due diligence associated with the purchase such as perusal of Title Deeds, Reports, Plans, alterations, documents, and any other associated paperwork relevant to your purchase.
- All conveyancing work which will allow the title to be transferred to your name
- In most purchases, we can also act for your lender.
If you are acquiring the business which is operating from the property you are purchasing we can ensure that the acquisition is a smooth and stress-free process. We can advise on matters which you should consider before acquiring a business, including:
- The transfer of employees
- The position relating to existing contracts associated with the business
- Which moveable items are included
- Will the name of the business and associated social media pages & website be transferred?
- Is the stock included? How will this be valued?
- How should the price be apportioned to goodwill, stock, assets, etc?
- All financial information such as accounts should be produced
We make it our business to know your business and this helps us to understand and satisfy your needs and expectations. This allows us to offer the best legal advice tailored to you and your situation.
Call our Commercial Property Team today on 0131 467 5566 or get in touch with us via our online enquiry form below.