Buying Commercial Property
We know making the step to purchase commercial property is a big move for any business. It's only natural to want that process to go as smoothly as possible to limit the disruption to everyday business activities. That's where Watermans can help.
From making a commercial offer for purchase to transferring property titles, our experienced legal team are on hand to support.
How we achieve commercial property purchase agreement
We make it our business to know your business. We know what to look for when buying commercial property, so make sure the right questions are always asked.
The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we can start to understand and cater to your needs and expectations. We offer tailored legal advice for the commercial property you’re purchasing, assisting you in the following areas:
- Comparing prices with similar properties to advise on what level of an offer to submit.
- Negotiating terms and preparing a written offer.
- Advising on Land & Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT).
- Engaging third parties such as instructing surveyors, dealing with lenders & instructing condition reports where necessary.
- All due diligence associated with the purchase, such as perusal of Title Deeds, Reports, Plans, alterations, documents, and any other associated paperwork relevant to your purchase.
- All conveyancing work which will allow the title to be transferred to your name.
- In most purchases, we can also act for your lender.
A stress-free acquisition purchase process
For businesses, there are a lot of considerations before you buy commercial property. One of the most important things is how to limit the amount of disruption that moving location creates for your employees and everyday business.
In our process of advising how to purchase a commercial property, we consider a checklist of things to consider, which we know will help you get back to business as usual, as quick as possible.
- The transfer of employees.
- The position relating to existing contracts associated with the business.
- Which moveable items are included?
- Will the name of the business and associated social media pages & website be transferred?
- Is the stock included? How will this be valued?
- How should the price be apportioned to goodwill, stock, assets, etc.?
- All financial information such as accounts should be produced.
Our specialist experience in purchasing commercial property
We've been advising our clients to buy, sell, and lease in Edinburgh for over 30 years.
At Watermans Legal, our experienced team of property experts ensure you receive the most practical advice when it comes to buying a commercial property.
Our range of commercial property specialisms include the purchasing of office units, restaurants, pubs, retail units, and other development opportunities.
Do you pay stamp duty on commercial property purchases?
In Scotland, you’re required to pay Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) – otherwise known as stamp duty – when you purchase a commercial property.
For more information on LBTT for commercial property in Scotland, get in touch and chat to one of our experts today.
To find out how we can help you, or for information about our commercial property purchase solicitor fees, call our team today on 0131 467 5566. Or get in touch with us via our online enquiry form below.