We ensure you receive vital tactical advice for both the sale and/or purchase of a property. We have been providing trusted conveyancing services across Leith, Edinburgh & Scotland – for over 30 years.
Conveyancing – Sale
Our dedicated estate agency team will expertly handle the marketing of your property and provide you with lots of helpful hints and tips to get the best possible price for your home.
Once the best sale price for your property is negotiated the formal written offer will be passed to our conveyancing team.
The conveyancing process for a sale is primarily about supplying various legal documents, including the property title deeds to the buyer’s solicitor and answering any technical questions.
In essence, the buyer and the buyer’s lender must be satisfied that the title is valid before handing over the purchase price on the date of entry.
- Receiving the purchasing solicitor's formal offer and agreeing terms. Issuing the formal acceptance letter and concluding missives.
- Exhibiting the title deeds, searches, and alteration documentation.
- Answering the buyer’s solicitors' observations about the title, alteration documentation, common repairs to tenement (either already carried out or outstanding) or inhibition or entry noted on the search against the seller.
- Contacting the lender and obtaining a loan redemption figure. The redemption figure will then be paid to the lender on the day of settlement. A signed Discharge shall then be obtained from the lender.
- Settling on the date of entry by delivering a signed Disposition and the keys in return for the payment of the sale price
- Responding to purchasers' queries
- Progressing transaction to receive the sale price
Remitting payment of net free proceeds to you or applying them to your next purchase.
Conveyancing – Purchase
We will always do our best to communicate things clearly and straightforwardly while making sure you always know what's happening at each stage of the purchase process.
- Discussing your property requirements
- Advising on purchase tactics, including noting interest, checking Home Report, searching archive prices
- Submitting offers, including at closing date
- Progressing conveyancing to include checking title deeds, alterations to the property, statutory notices
- Handling lenders' instructions
- Drawing down funds
- Keys handover
Conveyancing – Miscellaneous
We can assist you throughout the process of buying and selling property, however, our services go even further. We can advise you on legal, inheritance, and tax considerations as well.
- Discharge of Standard Security
- Transfer of Title on Divorce
- Transfer of Title by gift of property within a family
- Deeds of Solvency
- Renunciation of Occupancy Rights
- Fixed Fee Purchase – From £600 plus VAT and Outlays
- If you would like a Fixed Fee quotation or further information, please contact Louise Stenhouse, our Property Manager, at [email protected] or call us on 0131 467 5566
“Louise's drive and energy to keep things going was most valuable about the service.” — D.M.
“Excellent advice – there was constant communication with updates as to what the situation was.” — D.L.
Call our Conveyancing Team today on 0131 467 5566 or get in touch with us via our online enquiry form below.